He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.
The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.
How to feel better about yourself:
1. Sleep without underwear every once and a while, it’s good for you. Maybe even try sleeping naked.
2. Take long baths with tea, ice cream, or whatever you please. Throw in bubbles if that’s your style.
3. Look at yourself like you look at your best friend. Find the freckles you love, what your eyes look best with, what hairstyle compliments your smile.
4. When you look at your naked body in the mirror, only think good things. Say compliments to yourself aloud. Watch yourself smile, and encourage yourself.
5. Take yourself out on a date. Treat yourself to the things you love. You’re alone yes, but there is nothing wrong with that. Remember all the times you were smothered by people and talking crowds, and you only wanted to be alone with yourself.
6. Write yourself a love note. Tell yourself your favorite things about you, and tell yourself all the things you want to become. Tell yourself you’ll love you forever.
7. Take pictures of yourself. Selfies are magnificent! Take 500! Take them everywhere! Find the good lighting! Pick your favorite one and realize what a wonderful work of art you are.
8. Acknowledge your accomplishments, all of them. Got out of bed? It’s hard sometimes and it’s been hard before, so honestly great job. Drink lots of water, and at the end of the day congratulate yourself for staying hydrated. Let yourself know when you are proud, and soak up the feeling of “well done”.
Go inside and listen to your body, because your body will never lie to you. Your mind will play tricks, but the way you feel in your heart, in your guts, is the truth.
ENFP - The Myth
…the stereotype that the trait based approach to MBTI gives to ENFP’s. What do I mean by this? I believe that the “E stands for Extravert” “N stands for iNtuitive” is all garbage and leads to creating this “ENFP” type that is NOTHING like how an ENFP really acts….
What do I suggest? Looking at the functions to get a true picture of what an ENFP REALLY looks like and then recognizing that many people test as ENFP simply because the answers for ENFP are what our society values. Therefore people pick “ENFP” answers. In Psychology, this is called the social desireability bias. If you break down the traits of your stereotypical “ENFP” what do you get? “Oooo, I’m an outgoing person!” (E) “I’m creative and think outside of the box!” (N) “I’m in tune with people’s feelings, I’m not this unfeeling robot” (F) [this concept of Thinking vs Feeling as Logic over Emotion is also complete garbage] and “I’m laid back!” (P)
In reality, the “ENFP” does not exist as a TRUE ENFP would be if you showed their functions: Ne, Fi, Te, Si
if you look at these functions, you’ll realize that probably the VAST majority of people who test ENFP are NOT ENFP.
If you break down the functions…the ENFP is someone who is into possibility, eager and able to make connections where others are not…is simply brilliant in their ability to find meaning. Ne.
A TRUE ENFP will be guided by an unweilding sense of Ethics, Introverted Feeling…while this may mean the ENFP is hypersentitive to the needs, motivations, and emotions of others and themselves…Fi is not an EMOTIONAL thing…it is an ETHICAL thing..able to understand the hidden truth, the value of something beyond what numbers can tell you…it’s about being in tune with authenticity…it’s about standing up for who you are and what you believe is right…it is about juding people and their actions according to an ideal Ethical standard….Fi is not about caring what other people think, but rather wanting to find agreement among those who have differeing Ethical points of view and also wanting to UNDERSTAND people..
whichs brings me to my next point.
While the ENFP is the most extraverted introvert and the most introverted extravert (NOT the stereotypical “artsy” emotional person they portray the ENFP as), the ENFP is also that gap between the Rationals and the Idealist. Their function order Ne, Fi, Te, Si means that they project a Rational temperament to the world “NT” and NOT the so easliy hurt temperament of the Idealist….many ENFP’s LOOK and ACT like NT’s while maintaining an inner Idealism. Te means an ENFP can be a ruthlessly efficient machine…not this procrastinator beacuse we have “P” and not “J”.
Te gets stuff done, and Si remembers what got done…remembers the past, and can recall on learnt experience…
So in Total…the ENFP is an extremely passionate, innovative individual brimming with new ways of seeing and thinking about things…the ENFP is an Idealist who stands up for what is right and is outwardly a rational who isn’t likely to show their emotions at all, but rather to be a high acheiver, implenting strategies, and getting stuff done…
Anyways, I think the MBTI profiles make more sense when you’re younger and you haven’t had time to develop more than the 1st functon, but as I’m seeing now. As the ENFP develops the Fi and Te more…the ENFP is barely anything like the typical profiles of the “ENFP” you’re likely to find online.
The ENFP is the ultimate Philosopher King.
Facebook is not a company of grass-roots tech enthusiasts. Facebook is not a game tech company. Facebook has a history of caring about building user numbers, and nothing but building user numbers. People have made games for Facebook platforms before, and while it worked great for a while, they were stuck in a very unfortunate position when Facebook eventually changed the platform to better fit the social experience they were trying to build.
(On the announcement that Minecraft won’t be developing for Oculus anymore)